Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tower of London

So, Max's work paid for his plane tickets, since it's a business trip for him. His flights were too expensive for us, though, so Em & I went on our own. Max landed about 6:30 this morning in Birmingham, and we landed at 11 in London. So, he got the rental car and drove down to get us. Since we were already in London, we decided to go to the Tower. Now, you must understand that I am a total Tudors freak. Not just the TV show (though I love that, too), but the real Tudors. You must also know that this is the 500th anniversary of Henry VIII becoming king. It is the perfect time for me to be here, because there are all sorts of extra things available right now in celebration. So, to the tower we went.

Pictures are restricted for most of the coolest things, but we still got some good ones. We got to see graffiti from prisoners of the Tudors, which was really cool. We got to see where Anne Boleyn, Jane Grey, and Catherine Howard are buried, along with all sorts of other cool Turor-era folks. We got to see some of Henry's actual armor, and the Crown Jewels. It was so awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm jealous! You must post pics when you can. So glad you got to visit here; I know that was a special thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're having a grand time already. Just what I wanted to hear. Yay!

    ReplyDelete