Thursday, June 25, 2009

Another lesson I learned....

Another lesson yesterday. Don't assume that what is on the label means what you think it does.

What would you think if you saw a "cheddar and pickle" sandwich. (as an American) You'd think it was cheddar cheese and slices of pickle, right? Nope. It is cheddar and pickled who-knows-what. Something with chunks, in a sauce that tastes a lot like terriyaki. It wasn't too horrible - I ate the whole thing. Not something I would ever order again, though.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, like Branston Pickle. It's like a chutney. I learned that the hard way, too, lol. Blech blech blech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that what it is? Now I have to go look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, yuck. no wonder I wasn't fond of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, that stuff is *awful.*

    ReplyDelete