Monday, June 15, 2009

So, yesterday was mostly a resting day. Max had to go to work. So we all got up at 7, showered, dressed, and trooped downstairs to breakfast. Then Max left, and I went back to bed. I set the alarm for 10. I woke up, saw that Em was happy on the computer, and mumbled something about whether it was OK with her if I slept some more. She said OK. (Keep in mind that I had only slept a teeny bit on the plane, and then had a huge day at the Tower the day before. I was jet-lagged and just plain exhausted) So, I set the alarm for 11. I semi woke up. I finally dragged myself out of bed and went online to see where we could have lunch. I found one, and we set off walking for downtown.

There are no street signs in Cheltenham.

I knew to go down Whitcombe and turn on High Street. There, I could find a Barclay's to get money at the ATM without BoA charging me an arm & a leg for it. Then, there was a cafe at which we could get sandwiches. I couldn't find High Street. But, in a roundabout manner, we found the Barclay's, and a different place to eat.

Milkshakes here are merely milk which has been shaken, apparently.

So, we came back to the hotel, and went down for a nap. Max came home early, so he napped a bit, too. We decided I needed to learn how to drive, so Max took me outside of town, and I took over. Shifting with my left hand isn't as difficult as I thought, but keeping in the lane is harder. I hit one traffic cone and skimmed a curb, but other than that, I was fine. Max was acting like a skittish old lady, though, so I made him drive again. Then he ran over a curb. I laughed a bit on the inside. Sort of an evil laugh. I'm sure I must have narrowed my eyes.

We went to Stow-on-the-Wold. It's a beautiful little town, with horribly expensive homes. There was a teeny little place for almost half a million pounds.

We came back to the hotel, and them walked downtown for dinner. We're both afraid to try and drive down there. We had Italian, it was yummy. :)

Today, Em & I are going to Sudeley, Catherine Parr's castle. It's close, but I'm still terrified to drive there.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment