Sunday, June 14, 2009

So, ever since then, I have desperately wished to fly Virgin Atlantic. I decided today to refine my wish. I would like to fly first class on Virgin Atlantic, because economy isn't all that great. True, the flight attendants were as polite as could be. We also got a cool little travel kit with red socks, a red sleep mask, a red toothbrush, and a red tube of toothpaste. But, seriously, I'd rather continue with Jet Blue. Jet Blue has room for feet and luggage. They can coexist nicely under the seat in front of you. Not so with VA. I couldn't even get my bag under the seat, so I had to go without a bunch of my stuff during the flight. They did have many movies from which to choose, but the TV shows sucked, and the games were ones that I probably could have played on my TI-82. Perhaps we just had an old plane, we'll see if it's any better on the way home. Plus, we were in the middle row. On the way home, we have a window and an aisle.

So, I was sitting next to a charmingly naive girl of probably about 15 or so. She was very nice, but quite unaccustomed to air travel and/or words over 2 syllables. I had to explain many words to her, including "ascent," "descent," and "turbulence." She also wanted to know what would happen if we flew into a tornado. She was nice, though. The woman behind me needed a punch in the mouth, though. I was settling in to go to sleep, when I noticed an obstruction where I was trying to place my arm on the arm rest. There is a set of red sock - covered toes staring me in the face. The toes disappeared sometime during the night (probably when I put the arm rest up most of the way, so it was either move the toes or have them squished), and were replaced by knees in my back. Apparently, if she couldn't use my armrest, she would just use my seat to support herself.

Anyway, it's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment