Friday, June 19, 2009

Thoughts on British Driving

These people are crazy drivers. Polite crazy drivers, but crazy nonetheless. I am truly amazed at how they will pass with little to no visibility, or in crowded areas. They'll pull out in front of you and look like they're going to crash into everything. But, I haven't actually seen any accidents yet, just a whole lot of near-misses. Of course, the fact that they're crazy means they're on the lookout for other crazy drivers. So, what is really just me making a mistake looks to them like I am one of them. They're willing to work around me and not hit me. It works for us.

3 comments:

  1. You made Patrick "LOL" with this one (good job)!

    About the street signs..he said some towns put them on the corners of buildings instead of signposts. Not sure if that was the case in Cheltenham (sp?) or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some of them are on buildings, yes. I discovered that when we got lost walking the first day. On some places, though, they are nowhere to be found.

    ReplyDelete